In May 2018, the NSW GBOTA conducted Women In Racing Award in order to recognise contributions to the NSW Greyhound Racing Industry.
To align with the Group 2 Bob Payne Spring Sprint and Group 3 Chairman's Cup, the NSW GBOTA will be conducting a Men In Racing Awards in September.
Applications are open to both NSW GBOTA Branches and all NSW Race Clubs, and seek to recognise the outstanding achievements and efforts of any registered participant, Club employee or Volunteer. A copy of the form is available here to download (PDF or Word - docx)
Clubs or NSW GBOTA Branches can nominate greyhound racing trainer, breeder, owner, attendant, administrator, official or volunteer for this award by completing the following:
- Clubs or NSW GBOTA Branches must complete the detailed application form, making sure all relevant sections are completed;
- Clubs or NSW GBOTA Branches can also provide supporting evidence for their nomination e.g. other relevant documents, references, photographs, media stories;
- Nominees must be over the age of 16 at the time of nominations close
- To be eligible an individual must have completed service for a 12 month period;
- Nominations must be submitted with the signature of the nominator.
- The closing date for the nominations is 5pm, Wednesday, August 1 2018. Nominations can be submitted by mail and addressed to “Men in Greyhound Racing”, NSW GBOTA, PO Box 485 Glebe, NSW 2037 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org – subject Men in Greyhound Racing
The nominee will be assessed based on a number of different criteria including:
- Demonstrated benefit to club/branch/community;
- Evidence of initiative and innovation within the club or branch;
- Length of service/number of hours worked;
- Examples of outstanding work achieved/completed; and
- Examples of obstacles they have overcome to complete work.
Once nominations close they will be shortlisted and judged a selection panel made up of a representative of NSW GBOTA, Event Sponsor and GRNSW.
Regional winners (Metropolitan, Newcastle River and Hunter, South Coast and Southern Tablelands, Central West, Riverina, Northern Rivers and North West) will be announced on the NSW GBOTA website and invited to the Bob Payne Final night on September 8, 2018 at Wentworth Park. The overall winners for both Club and Branch categories will be announced on Saturday, September 8, 2018 and be presented with $1,000 cheque.