GRNSW LIFTS ALL REGIONAL TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS
Greyhound Racing NSW (GRNSW) has today announced that all travel restrictions in place for participants will be lifted from June 1, at which time the regional racing zones put in place due to COVID-19 will cease.
GRNSW’s announcement follows the NSW Government’s decision to allow all regional travel across NSW from next month.
GRNSW Chief Executive Officer Mr Tony Mestrov said the following decisions had now been made:
- From June 1 zone restrictions will be removed for all race meetings and travel is unrestricted from this date.
- All trainers can nominate to race their greyhounds at Wentworth Park, which will resume racing from Saturday, June 6.
- GRNSW will accept nominations from interstate trainers (in states where cross-border travel is permitted) for all races from June 1.
- Race meetings previously scheduled for Dubbo (June 5), Lismore (June 9), Wagga (June 14) and Grafton (June 15) will go ahead with Saturday City prizemoney for all 421m+ races. In the interim period Saturday City prizemoney for the following weeks will now be distributed in conjunction with the Ladbrokes Super Series.
- GRNSW, in conjunction with Ladbrokes, is extending the Super Series and Maiden Series with events now scheduled for Bulli (Heats May 30 and Finals June 6), Bathurst (June 8 and June 15), Maitland (June 11 and June 18) and Lismore (June 23 and June 30).
- GRNSW, in conjunction with the GBOTA, will schedule the following feature events at Wentworth Park in June: The Ladbrokes Magic Maiden will be held with heats on June 17 and the final on June 27, the Ladbrokes Thank You Owners and Ladbrokes Thank You Trainers sprints over 520m will both have heats on June 20 and the finals on June 27, and the Ladbrokes Stayers, a best eight over 720m on June 27. Conditions and details will be on the GRNSW calendar shortly.
- Temperature testing at all GRNSW tracks will continue.
- All race day health and safety protocols currently in place for COVID-19 will remain.
“I am very pleased to see the NSW Government unlock the regions for unrestricted travel from June 1, which will from that date bring to an end GRNSW’s regional zoning measures and will help kick-start the road to normality for participants across our heartland,” Mr Mestrov said.
“I thank everyone for their great patience and support during what has been a disruptive period in their lives - it is a credit to all participants through their actions that they have helped keep the industry racing during COVID-19.
“I also remind people that we will still continue to operate under our COVID-19 biosecurity measures and maintaining all health and safety standards at venues.”
Visit thedogs.com.au now. The new home of everything greyhound racing.